The following six schools were shortlisted for their continued contribution to road safety and active travel at our annual JTA Top Team awards ceremony on Wednesday 26th June 2019. The celebrations were held at Biggin Hill Memorial Museum.
- Wickham Common primary School
- Worsley Bridge Primary School
- Bickley Harris Primary academy Beckenham Green
- Hayes Primary School
- St. Philomena’s Primary school
JTA’s travelled by private bus, chartered by our partners Stagecoach to Biggin Hill Memorial Museum. The Safer Transport Police also attended. The bus was transformed in to a party bus, balloons bunting, music and nibbles to mark this very special occasion. Prior to the award ceremony taking place the JTA’s took part in the Battle of Britain Workshop hosted by the museum, this linked in really nicely with the Year 6 curriculum.
Congratulations to Wickham Common they received Top Team of the year 2019 for their work which included:
- Support for the anti-idling campaign, encouraging motorists and parents to turn off car engines when parked.
- Encouraging pupils and parents to walk to school and participating in the Smart Mover Programme
- Working Closely with residents and the local community to address any concerns relating to parking and journeys to school.
Worsley Bridge were runners-up with the remaining schools highly commended for their efforts. It was a truly amazing day.