Worsley Bridge Primary School is delighted to be part of the Nexus Education Schools Trust (NEST), a multi academy trust made up of eleven schools situated in the London Borough of Bromley, Kent. Whilst we work closely with NEST, the day to day governance is carried out by the Local Committee.
The role of the Local Committee is a strategic one, responsible and accountable in law and in practice for major decisions about the Academy and its future. Local Committee Members work in close partnership with the Headteacher and senior management team in the leadership of the school and take a full part in driving the improvement and culture of the school.
The key responsibilities of the Local Committee are as follows:
- To carry forward the vision of Worsley Bridge Primary School and NEST
- To ensure that standards of attainment and progress are high
- To take a strategic role in the governance of the Academy
- To support and challenge the School’s leaders
- To monitor and evaluate the work of the Academy in relation to:
teaching, learning and assessment,
effectiveness of leadership and management and
- To ensure actions are taken to comply with statutory regulations
- To implement the policies of the Trust and the Academy
- To support the strategic development of the Trust
Local Committees are one of the largest volunteer forces in the country and play a vital role in raising school standards. To operate effectively the Local Committee appoints members who bring a wide range of knowledge and experience. The Local Committee consists of the Headteacher, Community Members, Parent Members and Staff Members.
Our Local Committee Members
Taranah Blake - Community Local Committee Member & Chair
Rev Simon Couper - Community Local Committee Member & Chair
Oliver Butler - Community Local Committee Member
Sophie Drake - Head of School & Local Committee Member
Angela James - Executive Headteacher & Local Committee Member
Karina Maloney - Community Local Committee Member
Dawn Matthews - Staff Local Committee Member
Marc Naylor - Parent Local Committee Member
Lucy Boateng - Community Local Committee Member